Saturday, January 4, 2014

Some days it's hard being a teacher...

Today for most is just a Saturday but for me it's a milestone as a teacher. First, know that I teach fourth graders in an urban center in an extremely large metropolitan city. I teach 66 students and attempt to excite, inspire and hopefully get their creative juices flowing. Today however, I just had to be there for a student who lost one of the most important parts of their world: a sibling. For a nine-year old, this can rock their world. I just wanted to record this memory because really there weren't any words exchanged. I was just there in presence and to be a comfort for her in her time of need. When I thought of being a teacher, I never imagined all of the roles we would have. I'm extremely thankful that I could be there and wouldn't change this position for anything in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment