Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Getting my classroom ready and ORGANIZED!

This is most biggest challenge every school year and this year is no different. Official our first day back to work (teachers that is) is this Thursday but I have been actively working in my classroom to make life more effective throughout the school year since Monday.

So far I have organized book shelves, cleaned and organized old supplies and cabinets and created a visual layout of my classroom for my bulletin boards and workstations.

I have a rather large classroom so layout is important as well as utilizing wall space. This week, I will add photos of the result with photos of how I am laying out my room.

RESOURCES: I have been looking for resources to help me set up my classroom library to is mostly non-fiction (since I teach only Science and Texas History).

If you click here you will see a great source for labels for just about EVERYTHING in your classroom and you can even create your own labels. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page to create the labels yourself.


Another site that I found was from a kindergarten teacher but I visuals are great for all levels. Click here to visit Ms. Kelly's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment